Transferring to the Faculty of Political Science and International Studies
Information on the rules for transfers to the Faculty of Political Science and International Studies at the University of Warsaw
from other universities in the academic year 2020/2021
Rules for qualification
Transfers are made after the completion of the first year of studies.
Transfers are possible only within the same major and level of education. In particularly justified cases, it may be decided otherwise. Transfers take place before the beginning of the academic year.
Candidates applying for transfer must register in the IRK system between 1 July and 31 August 2020 and upload the following documents into the IRK system:
- a reasoned request for transfer containing full correspondence address;
- a certificate from the dean’s office of student’s parent unit containing the following information:
a) confirmation that the candidate has the rights of the student,
b) the number of completed stages (semesters) of studies with an indication of the major,
c) the average of all grades earned in the hitherto course of the studies,
d) the level and mode of studies;
- a list of completed courses (name of the course, number of hours, grades, ECTS points), confirmed by the parent unit with an annotation concerning the grading scale applied at the university;
- a certificate, signed by the dean (director) of the parent unit, confirming that the student has fulfilled all obligations resulting from the provisions applicable at the parent unit (has completed all courses and made all payments);
- documents confirming candidate’s exceptional life situation if it constitutes the basis for the application for transfer.
- in the case of candidates for studies conducted in English – a certificate confirming English language skills at the level of minimum B2, or another equivalent document compliant with the Recruitment Resolution No. 378, item 343 of 19 December 2018, Section 16 paragraphs 2 and 3.
Submission of incomplete documentation will result in a negative decision.
The decision to transfer a student within a given limit of places is made on the basis of the submitted documents and taking into account:
- formal criteria specified in the study regulations,
- candidate’s grade average from the current course of studies,
- differences in curriculum resulting from different study programmes,
- candidate’s life situation.
Taking up studies in transfer mode depends on the completion of curriculum differences resulting from differences in study plans. The number of the differences cannot exceed 6 exams, course completions with grades and course completions without grades per year. In justified cases, the university may give consent to a higher number of curriculum differences.
Announcement of results: 21 September 2020
Collection of documents (application for admission to studies printed from the IRK system, application for student identity card, statement confirming that the student knows the fees for educational services at University of Warsaw) from the qualified persons:
- 23 – 25 Sepember 2020 in Gmach Audytoryjny of the Faculty of Political Sciences and International studies, ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, room 126, first floor, entrance B.
Submission of incomplete documentation shall result in a negative decision.
The decision to transfer within a certain limit of places is taken by the Dean on the basis of submitted documents and taking into account:
- formal criteria specified in the study regulations and faculty study rules,
- average grades of the candidate in the current course of study,
- curriculum differences resulting from different study plans,
- life situation of the candidate.
Undertaking studies within the transfer depends on completing the curriculum differences resulting from the different study plans. The number of those differences may not exceed 6 exams and credits per year. In particularly justified cases, the Dean may make a different decision. The dean sets deadlines and methods of completing the curriculum differences. The deadline for completing the curriculum differences may not be longer than one year. In special cases, the dean may extend this period. Failure to complete the curriculum differences shall result in the need to repeat the course. Fees for repeating the subject are announced by the Rector of the University of Warsaw. The method of their payment is set out in the Regulations for fees at the Faculty of Political Sciences and International Studies of the University of Warsaw
Transfer decisions in relation to applications submitted on time shall be taken by the Dean on September 20, 2019.